Saturday, December 8, 2007

Ready or Not ~ Tis the Season

Well I'm not sure if I'm ready but the Holiday Season is definitely here. Both of the kids teachers are talking about class Holiday parties and Richard and I are going to his company holiday party tonight at the Suntree Country Club. Last night we attended the neighborhood "Party in the Park." I made banana bread with chocolate chips and it went over really well. I have to say the Santa there was the best I've ever seen. It's his real hair and beard and he lives here in the neighborhood. Apparently he does the Santa thing all over town and is very much sought after. Here is Julianne and her friend Amanda.
DSCN0172
The family Christmas photo has been taken and cards are all ready to go out in the mail on Monday. Christmas shopping has begun. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of Jen, Jeremy and the pups who will be bouncing between us, his parent and Jen's dad's house. This weekend Richard will put the lights up on the house and we will decorate the tree.
Lots to do for school and the teachers, still some sewing to do.... But surprisingly enough I'm okay with this. Richard has been working lots of hours but in spite of it all we are keeping our chins up and the moods good ~ Let the festivities begin! So, How was Your Day?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

We'll be there with bells on! Can't wait!! Better get those decorations up, though! Luckily, these pups will leave them alone. Give them rawhides and nothing else exists in the world!