Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Let the Holiday Season begin!

Today was the kids last day of school before Thanksgiving and I spent most of it at the school, mostly in Nathaniel's class ~ setting up for the festivities. While they kids were at recess burning off some energy I dished out the "gorp" the kids had made earlier and set out the rest of the snacks for their movie time. In case you don't know what Gorp is.. it's basically a bunch of snack type foods thrown together ~ you need a good mixture of sweet and salty. I usually start with a cereal (frosted mini wheats work well) then I add nuts, pretzels, dried fruits like raisins, cranberries and pineapples, M&M's are a must in Gorp and really anything else you can think of. It's a great snack to bring along to theme parks or any day outings really. Anyway... it was very interesting spending the afternoon observing his class. They are getting to the age now where boys don't really think girls are icky and visa versa. There were definitely some hormonal pairings going on (yes, including my son!).
After school I took both kids to get haircuts... Nathaniel really needed it ~ here he is midcut. Good thing he doesn't read my blog. I don't think he'd want this one out there... DSC01964
Here's both of my darlings with their new do's.. DSC01970
We even managed to get in some pre Thanksgiving Christmas shopping cause there is NO WAY you'll catch me anywhere near a mall on Black Friday! So... let the festivities begin. How was your day?

No comments: