Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Happy Hump Day

Ya gotta be happy about the week being half over! I guess you could be down cause there is still half a week to go but I'm one of those glass is half full kinda people. I guess it's the Irish in me. We tend to look on the bright side. We step in dog doo and think how lucky we are that we were not in our "good" shoes. I try to view the world this way. It's not always easy but I do try. Nothing major happened today but it was a good day non-the-less. I did some volunteer work at the school and actually had fun. I'm starting to get to know some of the people there. We have one volunteer that everyone calls "Aunt Grace". She's actually the great-aunt of one of Nathaniel's class mates and volunteers EVERYDAY from 8:00 in the morning till 2:00 in the afternoon. The volunteer room is her domain ~ she is the person to be nice to ~ it pays off ~ anything you need done, she can get it done or tell you how to do it. She is my new best friend.
I was talking to Charlotte this morning and she was telling me how much she loves that her new car has a CD player and that she listens to her CD's more now. I gave her a couple to drive home with, one of which being a Bonnie Raitt CD and I was telling her that she (Bonnie) was going to be down the street here at the King Center next week ~ well long story short we were able to get tickets and she is taking me for my birthday! YEah Me! After that I met my hubster for lunch which although it was just an outdoor burger joint was nice cause with the hours he's been working lately we haven't had much time to just chat.
DSC01918Ran up to one of the local quilt shops and got some purple thread (whoopie) and this cool combo of fabrics that I just couldn't resist especially since they were free! I belong to a "club" of sorts from this shop and you get one fat quarter (a 22 x 45 piece of fabric) each month free and on your birthay month you get two. These are the two I got because the one actually says "Aunt Grace" so with that and the other one that goes so well with it, I will make Aunt Grace one of my screen bags, thereby insuring me into her good "graces"! Notice the pun there! I just crack myself up.
Homework got done in short order tonight with very little fighting and life is good. So, how was your day?

No comments: