Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Turkey Day (a little late)

So no, I didn't fall off the face of the planet.... man it's been busy around here. Let's see if I can get you caught up...
Last Thursday was Thanksgiving and I have so much to be thankful for this year. Last year at this time Richard was packed and ready to leave for Virginia for 6 very long months. I'm happy to report that I missed him much more than anticipated and although he's been back for almost 6 months now, we are still thrilled to be living in the same place and not taking each other for granted. He's still working way too many hours but at the end of the night, he's home with me. The kids are all healthy and doing reasonably well. Charlotte suffered no long term affects from her recent accident and Jen and Jeremy made it safely back to Fla for the holiday!
Charlotte came up on Wed and we shopped together for dinner. I kept it fairly simple and made Turkey DSC01988 stuffing, mashed potatoes, broccoli, biscuits, etc. I did cheat and bought the pies ~ but they were good just the same!
Julianne & Nathaniel made napkin holders and also decorated the wine glasses with a little help from their daddyDSC01980

Here's the gang sitting and snacking on munchies while awaiting the big meal
DSC01986
The day started out with a father son football game at the park. A fairly mild game since the fathers as well as the sons ranged in age from 6 or 7 to probably close to 60. Richard sat out on the sidelines and cheered his son on since football really isn't his thing at all. But they both had a good time. DSC01971
We all ate way to much but my wonderful husband cleaned everything up for me and I got to go to bed early. Any day I can skip cleaning up and hit the sack is a good day for me! So how was your Thanksgiving day?

No comments: