Monday, November 12, 2007

American Girl Dolls anyone?

So I'll spare you the nasty details of how I woke up this morning with a nasty infected blotch in my armpit or the fact that I had my yearly "ladyland" drs visit.... What I did do today was make a miniature quilt!DSC01944 The picture didn't come out as well as I'd have liked so I'll have to redo it another time ~ too tired tonight... but it's all done in 1930's reproduction fabrics and it's just the right size for the American Girl dolls. It's machine pieced but hand quilted and tied (just like in the old days) I'm thinking about doing a series of them ~ some reproduction ones (I even have civil war era repro's) and then some funky colorful ones and some very girly ones and put them for sale on my web site (once it's up to speed).
Julianne doesn't do the American Girl dolls and even if she did it wouldn't be the "historical" ones but if you know anyone who does collect them... I'd love some feed back on what you think of this idea. I came up with it cause I wanted to do something with all those bits and pieces of fabrics I had left over, and this seemed like a good idea. I guess we'll see how it flies.
Other than that the day was pretty non eventful (which is good for me!) We did go to Outback Steakhouse for dinner and it was very yummy. They have the best croutons on the planet!
I'm also hooked on a new show. It's called Moon Light. I started Tivo~ing it but hadn't watched any of them until this weekend when I had a good ol' marathon of them. Really good show ~ it's about a vampire (cute, of course) who's a Private eye and an all around nice guy (even gets his blood from the bloodbank). Of course there is the cute female reporter who even though they swear there is nothing between them, the sexual tension is so thick you could butter it and serve it for dinner! Of course I also like the show, Blood Ties ~ Again hot sexy vampire ~ anyone sensing a theme here? Anyway.. back to real life!
I do have one birthday to report today .
MINE!!!!
I want to thank all of you who called, emailed and sent cards ~ I really appreciate you thinking of me. Those of you who didn't ~ SHAME ON YOU! Just kidding! This pic is about a year old cause Mr. T isn't fixing my hair till tomorrow so you'll just have to wait! That was my day, so how was yours?

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear MOMMIE, happy birthday to you!!!! (I called!!!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

Jeremy Cox said...

Happy happy happy bday, mom!

Your hair looks great in that pic.

Karen said...

I'm glad your birthday was pleasant. I didn't know when your birthday was. Now that I do I'll put it on my calendar for next year. Outback is one of my favoites especially their desserts.