Monday, October 6, 2008

I have an announcement

It's something I've been thinking about doing for a while ~ I've opened an Etsy shop. It's just a beginning and I've only got a few things in there so far but I'd love for you to have a look and as my friends, family and fellow crafters and bloggers, let me know what you think. I could use all the feedback I can get.

In other news, I just got done watching "Dancing With The Stars." I'm a huge fan of the show and it's pretty much the only reality TV I watch. I have to say I haven't been really impressed with this years celebs. I do have my favorite professional dancers and that's pretty much who I'm been rooting for ~ until tonight. Brooke Burke, who I didn't have a very high opinion of before the competition and in all fairness really didn't know much about to begin with... did the most amazing Viennese Waltz with Derek Hough (who happens to be my favorite male dancer). They waltzed to "Daughters" by John Mayer and just at the part where it goes "So mother's be good to your daughters too," she waltzed past her daughter who stood up and they so effortlessly kissed. It was the sweetest moment I have ever seen on this show. I do hope it'll show up on You Tube but even if it doesn't I'll guarantee it'll be the dance the judges ask to see again tomorrow and while it won't be as sweet cause I'll be expecting it, you'll still get to see what I'm talking about. They also got the first "10" of the season which is fantastic.
I'm also loving Warren Sapp of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. For a big guy, he's very light on his feet. While she wasn't my favorite, I had to feel bad for Misty May-Treanor . She apparently snapped her Achilles tendon. They showed the video from the practice and you could actually hear the thing snap. She will undergo surgery tomorrow but she's out of the show for the season. Luckily for her she was already planning on taking some time out from volleyball.
So anyway... check my my Etsy shop ~ let me know what you think!

12 comments:

Miss Healthypants said...

Yay!! Glad to hear about your site--I bet you'll sell lots! :)

Sandra :) said...

Woooooooooohoooooooooooo congrats on the new shop - best of luck!!

Anna said...

Love your site. The bags/purses are so pretty!!

sageweb said...

I am bummed about Misty May. I don't even watch DWTS but I am a big Misty fan.
Your shop is cute!

Monnik said...

I haven't ever seen DWTS. I know. I'm totally out of touch.

I'll definitely check out your site! I'm thinking there are some Christmas gifts in store there... :)

Regina said...

Great shop - you find the best fabrics!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the purses. I'm sure you'll do really well. I just bought a few things on there myself recently.

Anonymous said...

Great little shop, Barb. And when is Richard quitting work to help you? (smile)

I think you'll do well.

Vodka Mom said...

I've been too damn sick to watch any of my shows. dammit.

Lisa said...

congrats on your shop! good luck!

Anonymous said...

I checked out your shop. I love those bags. I think the prices are very reasonable, too. Good luck!

jillytacy said...

The shop looks good! The bags great! The fabrics are fabulous and the model is very cute! Good luck I hope you sell lots of bags!