Saturday, October 4, 2008

And we're back...

To make up for losing last week's game, we won 8 to 0 today. Our guys played great. Nate even scored his first goal (he usually plays defense). I felt bad for the other team... but the line judge was a total ASS. And here's his picture just to prove it.DSC03904 Yes, he stood directly in front of me a lot! He is apparently friendly with (and cheering for) the other team. He was downright nasty about our team winning and even said something about putting shocking devices on our team, especially #7. I yelled at him and said "Hey, watch it... number 7 is my son!" He was such a jerk.
We did have a couple of injuries this game ~ caused by their team. They were a bit rough and shoved whenever possible... no matter though.. we kicked their butts and did it without cheating or being mean. Got a couple of good actions shots of my boy
DSC03895
DSC03910c
Do I even want to know what they are all looking at here? DSC03884 And here's cool girl watching the game with her sunglasses and headphones on. DSC03888She did get into the game as well and cheered them on to victory.
After the game, since we were already in Cocoa Beach we drove past some very cool houses DSC03919 with some very cool mail boxes DSC03921 These were right on the water ~ not a bad way to live.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Nathaniel! What fun it is to watch you play!

You have a new fan in the Peanut Gallery. Grandma Judy!

mom23boys said...

It's such a shame when a kids' sport is ruined by adults being bad sports - this guy didn't even have an excuse of a kid playing. So....tell the truth, did his tires, uh, mysteriously go flat? Great shot of Nathaniel winding up for the kick!

xxxx said...

Good for you for sticking up for your boy!!!

Vodka Mom said...

I remember the days and evenings i would spend at the soccer field! I LOVED those days. Now, I am attending high school field hockey games, running up to the university to give BItchy money, and picking up the Golden Boy from football. never ends.

Ilina said...

I totally want that manatee mailbox. If McPain wins, it might be the only way we ever see wildlife.

Tracy said...

We love our soccer here too. DS1 plays an indoor type called Futsal and just loves it.

steenky bee said...

Whew! My boy isn't old enough for soccer yet. Next year. I'm looking forward to having all my Saturdays eaten up with practice. This looked like a great day - except for the asshat ref, that is! :)

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Awesome job for the boys! My parents have one of those mailboxes. I was about to joke about the neighbors having one and they said it was theirs. Ooops! :)