Friday, October 26, 2007

I've caught up to myself!

So it's Friday and I'm actually posting about Friday ~ YAHOO! I've finally caught up to my own life.
Today was a monumental day for me ~ I am done with physical therapy ~ officially released. I had two amazing physical therapists. BJ and Jean Marie at Beachside Physical Therapy. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all their hard work and effort to get me better (notice I didn't say back to normal!). The whole staff there are really great and they actually CARE ~ such a rarity these days. They always cheered me on when I was conquering a new skill (like drinking without a straw) and were compassionate when I was having a bad day. So here we are today and thanks to them I am smiling again ~ still a bit crooked but smiling!
DSC01836
Now here's the photo I haven't shown you (or anyone) before now. This was taken just after my diagnosis of Bell's Palsy but before I had any movement at all. Believe it or not, I was actually trying to smile in this photo. Now you see why I scared small children! I do want to thank all of you who have called or emailed to check up on me and wish me well through all of this. I can't begin to tell you how much it means to me that you care. I know that was a big part in helping me heal.


I did finally manage to finish the baby quilt I was making for Alex's sister's baby Cameron. I was really afraid that by the time I got around to finishing it he'd be old enough to drive down here and get it. This little guy had a bit of a rough start in life and had to have surgery while still just days old but he was a trooper and is doing really well now.
DSC01833
Also want to wish a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my cousin Jimmy tomorrow! Love ya Cuz!
All in all it's been a great day for me ~ So, how was your day?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Barb,
You are the bravest person I know! It's courageous to face Bell's Palsy. It's courageous to allow someone to take your picture at its onset. But to post it on the Internet for all the world to see, well, that takes a brave woman.
And you've got to know how much this will help others who are striken! (Who knows -- could be me.)