Monday, October 8, 2007

I've been tagged

So, I've been "tagged" by another blogger to list 10 things about myself that you might not know. No problem, I thought but then thought again. I'm one of those "very open" people which is a very nice way of saying I probably tell too much about myself ~ but in the spirit of the game I'll try my best to come up with 10 obscure facts that are not too boring about myself.

1. All of my adult life I have had recurring "elevator" dreams. In these dreams I'm always in an elevator that is out of control. Sometimes it's actually dropping fast. Sometimes ascending fast without stopping at the floor I have chosen and sometimes these elevators even go sideways. In any case, they never do what I want or need them to do. I think these dreams occur when I feel my life is out of control and there is nothing I can do about it or maybe they simply come from the time I got stuck on an elevator at the Algiers hotel where my mom worked for 20 yrs and I was so relieved when they pried the doors open I stepped out without looking down and I was almost a foot from the actual floor of the lobby and fell on my face!

2. I have no middle name! This irked me all of my life (thanks, MOM) so once I married Richard I gave myself my maiden name as my middle name.

3. I love the sound of thunder. When I can't sleep I put on the CD Richard bought me that has a rain/thunder storm playing (no music) and I sleep like a baby.


4. When I was in my preteens I made up an entire world that you could only get to from inside the cabinets under the sink in the bathroom! Talk about your escape from reality.

5. My favorite flowers are orange roses (Just in case you ever needed to send me flowers!)



6. When I was 14 I hitchhiked with another 14 y/o girl to the mall. Sorry dad! Talk about stupid!

7. When I was 19 I almost joined the Navy but when I went to the recruitment office to sign the papers they were out to lunch and the door was locked. I never went back ~ now that was a close call!

8. I absolutely believe in UFO's and am convinced I've actually seen one.

9. My favorite fantasy (non sexual!) is to be a famous singer ~ now if only I could actually carry a tune!

10. Most of you won't believe this but I'm actually VERY insecure. I just do a good job of hiding it, I hope!


Boy that was harder than I thought and guess what ~ Jen, I tag you!!!!

No comments: