Saturday, August 16, 2008

A very busy Saturday

Today was a busy one... We started off the morning meeting with Nate's new soccer team and lots of other teams for a day in the park and team photos. It was hotter than I can remember in a long time. Julianne whined the entire time about the heat and the gnats and everything else she could come up with. Nathaniel was in a foul mood cause he really needed to eat (and did much better after he ate) ~ Richard and I were also pretty hot and cranky but... pictures were taken... hopefully them came out good. I guess it'll be a couple of weeks before we get them back.... but in the mean time.. Here's our boy in uniform...DSC03536 Of course, it wasn't until we got to the field that we realized his shin guards should be INSIDE his socks ~ oh well.. live and learn. Anyway... attached to the park where he'll be practicing is a skate park. He had his ripstick with him and had fun trying out the ramps

Once we got home from there we all jumped into the pool as fast as we could to cool off. Once the storms started coming in, forcing us out of the pool it was off to
Target to drop a fortune on school supplies, back packs & lunch boxes.
Saturday night was a block party in the neighborhood. It was a lot of fun although still a bit warm and buggy. Julianne and some of the other neighborhood girls rode around on their scooters. DSC03569
The local fire dept showed up and was happy to show off their truck to the kids and adults
DSC03572

It was nice to meet some of the neighbors and the kids made arrangements to ride to school with some of the other kids on the block. Of course a lot of the conversation was directed at the storm possibly headed this way. I guess we'll know more Monday. Keep your fingers crossed for us and my family in South Fla and J&J up in North Fla. My guess is, unless we get really lucky ~ someone in my family is gonna get hit.

1 comment:

jillytacy said...

A block party sounds wonderful! What a great way to meet everyone. I've lived in my house for 5 and half years and I still don't know everyone in the neighborhood. I wish we had a block party!