Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm Back

Just got back last night from J&J's graduation and will post about that later today (I hope) but in the meantime ~ Here is the picture I couldn't show you before.. DSC03411
I made these placemats for Angie's mom, Judy. On the weekend of Angie's birthday Judy and some of her friends along with some of Angie's friends will be going up to a cabin Judy rented in Pigeon Forge to celebrate Angie's birthday together. These placemats will be used for her birthday dinner after which each of the guests will get to take their placemat home. Angie was crazy about frogs and I had this fabric in my stash ~ most likely because of her. Whenever I see froggie fabric (or froggie anything for that matter) I always think of her and would pick some up so I could make her something with it. I had actually used this to make her a few things that I posted about back in January. She was fun to make stuff for and always appreciated it. I believe her friends Kyle & Kelli have these now. I still pick up cute froggie fabric when I see it ~ guess some habits are too strong to break. I still miss Angie every day and I'm sure I always will but in some ways she is with me every day. Every time I see her son smile or look at her picture up on our wall or see a cute little frog. I hear certain songs and she is right there with me ~ or smell her perfume (it's one of the Victoria Secret perfumes). There is not a day that goes by that we don't talk about her ~ but she was always a part of our everyday even though we didn't get to see her as much as we would have liked. Each time Nathaniel does something new or cute I always think "I wish Angie was here to see this" and I do believe she really is. Ya know she was one of the main reasons I started this blog ~ so she could see the kids and know what they (and we) were up to on a regular basis... and she did read it, every day. I still have all her comments and her emails and a big place in my heart for her. This is the from the last visit we had from her DSC01261-C and my greatest wish is that we could have had many many more. Maybe someday I won't cry when I think of her ~ unfortunately today is not that day.....

2 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww she sees, and she knows, and she loves, and she misses and is missed ... I just know it. The placemats are a sweet memorial for her. Sending you some warm hugs from Canada, just because :)

jillytacy said...

I got teary eyed reading your post! Angie was lucky that her son had such a great home with you and even more fortunate that she was able to be a part of your lives. She will always be with you in your hearts and in Nathaniel!
Barb, you have such a good heart!!! The place mats for the birthday dinner are wonderful. What a great way to celebrate Angie's birthday and her life! Your kindness will be appreciated!