Thursday, August 7, 2008

I'm on my way

I have my first meeting tonight at the quilt shop that I will start work at in just over a week. I'm really looking forward to it. Right after the meeting I leave for Jacksonville (yes again). I will spend the night there and then tomorrow J&J and I will leave for Tuscaloosa for their graduation ceremony. Rich is staying home with the kids so it'll be a mini vacation for me. I finally finished Jen's purse DSC03483 Her dress is green and she wanted something fun and funky. We went through tons of fabric before the lightbulb came on and I pulled out this one ~ She loved it and said it's just what she had in mind ~ phew!
I also made this last night to wear with my new dress for her graduation DSC03485 I also made a bracelet and earrings which I haven't gotten a picture of yet. Well I better go pack so I'm ready to go .. BTW I set this to post after I see Jen so she can't see her purse until I get there. Be back in a couple of days with stories from Alabama!

4 comments:

Regina said...

Just lovely and fun!

jillytacy said...

I love the purse, it's definitely fun and funky. What a great gift! Your necklace turned out great! Did you make the cross too? That looks like a lot of work!

Deb A said...

Great job on the purse and necklace. Hope you have a great 'mini-vacation'.

Monnik said...

you are so crafty! I love both the purse and the necklace.