Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm playing along, how about you?

My bloggie friend Regina is hosting a Mystery Quilt Along. Part 1 is here with part 2 here and finally, part 3 here. I've decided to play along and it's not too late for you to play along as well. I caught up on all three parts yesterday. I started with a main fabric DSC03775 (the teal stack in the center) all cut into 4 1/2" squares and then I dug through my scrap bin for all the green pieces needed and cut them into 2" squares.
Speaking of scrap bin... Here's the embarrassingly large mountain of scraps I ended up with after I went through them looking for the appropriate greens DSC03770 I really need to use this stuff up! It was fun going through all of it though ~ sort of like Christmas. Found lots of fun stuff like this piece DSC03772 which has been cut up, paired with another cute scrap and ready to be made into two wonder wallets. I also found these two pieces that I love DSC03773 which are just the right size for a new "snap happy" bag.
Anyway... back to the mystery quilt... I sewed my little 2" squares to the 4 1/2" squares as instructed in part 2 DSC03776
and then sewed those together into the "eye" blocks as instructed in part 3 DSC03777
I don't have nearly the contrast Regina has so it'll be interesting to see the end results of both. I'd love to see yours if you decide to play along as well.
Thanks Regina for such a great quilt along!

3 comments:

Regina said...

OOhh - love those fabrics! These will turn out fantabulous!

Anna said...

cool colors!

Lisa said...

cool!!!