Sunday, February 17, 2008

Such a productive weekend...

On Friday I drove over to Tampa/Brandon and boy did I accomplish a lot. First of all and most importantly I went to see Diana to have her "remove" the gray streak from the middle of my head and as usual she did a wonderful job. I got done there just before 3:00 so I decided to run over to the kids old elementary school to see some of my friends there. Boy did I get lucky.. they were all in the library just wrapping up a little get together. I got to see Cheryl & Michelle who are the kindergarten aides and also good friends of mine. I also got to see Barbara B who was Julianne's kindergarten teacher and my friend. Her daughter just got married in December and Barbara grew her normally very short hair out and it looked just beautiful. Soft and wavy. I wish I had taken a picture of her and believe me I got in trouble from Julianne for not doing that! Hopefully Barbara and her friends Ginny and Jen will come over for a day trip sometime soon ~ now that her life is calm again. I also got to see Jane who was Nathaniel's advanced math teacher. I've always really liked her and she worked very hard with him. In any case it was great to get a chance to visit with all of them. My next stop was Gutcher's Quick Print where I got the kids (Julianne's class) handprints transferred onto fabric for the auction quilt I'm doing for Quest Fest. Turns out I know the owner ~ Just didn't ever know her last name so I didn't put 2&2 together until now. Cool thing is she is also a quilter so really understood exactly what I needed.
DSC02322Friday night we went to "Scrap & Sew" in Carollwood. They have an all night sewing thing most Friday nights and so Mary Catherine, Peg, Gail, Prudence and I all met over there and sewed and chatted the night away. Here we are all with our "Lazy Girl Designs" patterns. I've gotten them all hooked. Mary Catherine showed me how to make the fabric wrapped bowls and that was a lot of fun. I can't wait to have time to do more! DSC02323Here's Tess, the owner of "Scrap & Sew". She was a wonderful host and the store is great. It's a combination of scrap booking and sewing. She's also a Pfaff dealer. Mary Catherine played on one of her embellisher machines ~ I can see one in her not too distant future.
Saturday Mary Catherine and I ran lots of errands ~ picked up her serger that was being serviced, got my oil changed from her wonderful mechanic, hit a few quilt shops and I got a ton of stuff for Julianne's birthday party on Saturday. I stopped by to see Debra & Gregor over at Bernina Pfaff and it was great to see them again. Debra gave me copies to a couple of patterns from the shop hop that I missed out on this year. Mary Catherine and I got a late lunch/early dinner at Cherry's which I've missed and then I headed for home. All in all it was a fun and productive couple of days. I think we're gonna try to do it again in March before Peggy moves to Germany. I'm already looking forward to it. So, how was your day?

No comments: