Wednesday, February 20, 2008


"The shuttle and its seven astronauts landed at 9:07 a.m. at NASA's spaceport at Kennedy Space Center, where the crew's families and top space program managers gathered to welcome them home."

And I can tell you I knew at 9:05 that it was in cause the sonic boom was so loud I thought someone had just crashed through my front door. I was sitting at my sewing machine just feet from our see thru glass door, chatting on the phone when "BAM." I jumped like I had been shot and really and truly thought someone was trying to bang the door down. Fortunately common sense kicked in (hey, it happens every once in a while!) and I remembered that the shuttle was coming in this morning ~ that and I could see that there was no one at said glass door. It's really kinda cool that I can usually hear the shuttle coming in, just a bit unnerving when I forget about it until I am scared half out of my wits. Anyhow... I may have missed this one going up but didn't miss it coming back. So, how was your day?

No comments: