Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tis the season ~ to be too busy to enjoy it!

It's been a hellova week at sea sir! I've been running around like a crazy person and really shouldn't be blogging right now as I'm due back at the kid's school in under an hour to unload a truck full of cookie dough!
Since I last posted I "worked" at the kids Christmas store at school which was fun but insane at the same time. DSC04899 We've sold anywhere from $800 to $1000 per day in merchandise and have had to restock every day ~ sometimes twice a day. We though the sales would be down this year but almost every child has come in with $20 ~ some even more. Most of the items sell for around $1.25 so they can get a lot with $20.
I'm glad I was able to help out with this although it was heartbreaking to see a little boy in kindergarten fill up his basket with about $25 worth of stuff and have him come up to the cash register with only $2.00. He cried when he had to put the stuff back. I felt so bad but the fact that most of it was for him (not presents for others) helped. We tried to chat with the kids when they came in to find out how much money they had and who they had to buy for so we could help them pick out the right amount of stuff.

I also taught they placemats again in our Cocoa store. This time it went a bit better. There was some confusion in the beginning but they all got their placemats done. Here are a couple of the happy students. DSC04904 DSC04903

I actually finished the sweatshirt jacket and while I hated it while I was doing it, I really like the way it turned out. I took it into the shop yesterday and the girls were fighting over it. Here are two of our employees I caught trying it on. DSC04905 DSC04906

And last but not least, we started putting our Christmas decorations up. DSC04894 Yes, we have a fake tree again this year, but hey, it comes with lights already on it and I hate putting lights on a tree. Hopefully we will finish up this weekend and I'll post the final pics.

Now I really have to go unpack that truck... cookies anyone?

7 comments:

Karen said...

I loved soing the kid sale at school...and it is hard work. The placemats are really cute and I wish I had time to make some...maybe in spring colors! Glad the class went well....no prob with a fake tree, wish we had one that already had lights on it...getting the lights on the tree take forever!

Dani said...

I LOVE THE JACKET! GREAT JOB! Its super cute!! Now for some matching pants! :-)

Julie H said...

Poor little kid at the store! They just don't understand when they are only 5-6. I know Trevor would probably do the same thing.

We have a fake tree. I bought it last year and it's so nice not to have to do the whole "can we afford a tree" and then the going to get it and picking it out. Always turned out to be some kind of drama when we went to do that.

Nice placemats and jacket, you are definitly gifted!

Sandra :) said...

Awwwwwwwww you're such a good mom - I hope the kids will always remember and appreciate how much of yourself you put in that "job"!

Great placemats and spectacular jacket!

Miss Healthypants said...

I feel sorry for the little kid with only $2.00, too! What a tragedy in his little life. :)

Oh, and don't feel bad about the fake tree--after all, then you can't feel bad for partaking in the killing of a real tree! :)

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Is there a pattern for the sweatshirt jacket?

I LOBE IT!!!!

jillytacy said...

I love the quilted Sweatshirt! It turned out great!