Saturday, April 26, 2008

Today made it all okay

I'm so over my pity party. Besides my DH being so unbelievably supportive about the whole thing and letting me rant and rave like a lunatic I spoke with my really great friend MaryCatherine today who is also a quilter and really talented seamstress. She and I met when we worked and taught at the same quilt shop in Tampa. We bonded over the craziness that was life at that shop and have been friends ever since. In any case she supplied me with just the right balance of sympathy, support and outrage. I was able to get it all out of my system and now I feel much better especially once she reminded me that I've had several quilts go for $3000 and one for $5000 at auctions for other schools so Thanks MC!
Both of my little ones spend the day over their respective friends' houses so after Richard got home from work he and I took a drive up A1A ~ out past Cocoa Beach and over by Kennedy Space Center then back up US1. We stopped at a great little place called Conch Key Grill and Tiki Bar right on the water and had a beer and some shrimp. How nice is was to just sit back, relax and talk with each other without playing referee or getting interrupted by the kids.
Julianne ended up spending the night at her friends house so after we picked Nathaniel up from his friends, we dropped some pj's and toiletries off to Julianne. Her friends parents seem really nice and we stayed talking to them for quite a bit and then drove by our prospective new house to see what the neighborhood was like on a Saturday night. I have to say all was quiet calm and beautiful. It's looking more and more like this is the house for us but I'm trying not to get too attached yet.
Anyway... today has been an unproductive but wonderful day. Tomorrow I'll get back to work on the house and the quilt that I'll be teaching this summer at my local quilt shop. So, how was your day?

1 comment:

Debbielou said...

Glad that you are feeling better Barb - onward and upwards !! x