Monday, September 24, 2007

How Time Flies


It's been exactly 6 months today since Jen & Jeremy tied the knot. In some ways it seems like it was just yesterday but in so many other ways it seems like it was ages ago, so much has happened since. They are both now living in Anniston, AL ~ both working on their Master's degrees. They are happy and healthy and doing well ~ loving being college students again. Rich and the kids and I are going up middle of next month to see them and I can't wait. She and I have been apart before but it seems different this time. She is a married woman starting on her own life, and I couldn't be any prouder. She is her own person ~ strong & beautiful. She can do whatever she sets her mind to. And then there is Jeremy! I couldn't have hand picked a better husband for her. They compliment each other in so many ways. I know she is safe in his arms and where ever they are together, they are home. It's everything a parent wishes for.
So ~ Happy 6 month anniversary you two. I love you both.

Things here are trying to return to what passes for normal these days. I am adjusting to my limitations ~ trying not to let it slow me down. Richard has been a sweetheart through all of it. So very concerned with my physical and mental comfort. I can't believe he and I will be married 20 yrs this year. Guess I got a winner too. He spent the weekend putting together furniture pieces, still trying to get the house together. Tonight I think he is going to try to set up my new computer. I'm very excited about that. Now if I could just get my desk cleaned off.

Before I forget ~ Happy birthday to Sue. She was my very first friend that Richard brought into my life. She called me a slut and we've been friends ever since. She and her family live in Jacksonville which is only about 2 1/2 hrs from us yet seems life gets so busy we haven't been able to get together since we moved here. I think that with all that life throws at us, we need to make the time to see our friends and our families whenever possible. The house may stay messy, and not everything gets done but in the end, it's the people you love that make the memories you carry with you always. I know I need to change that in my life and I hope you all will do the same. Make an effort to spend time with those that are special to you and when distance makes it harder, at least make time for a nice long phone conversation. Find out what's happening in their lives, let them know you are thinking of them. That's what is important. So, really, How was your day? I'd love to know.

No comments: