Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Picture perfect day

Jennifer came in Monday night for a couple of reasons... first to pick up my grandpups and secondly to spend some "birthday time" with me. Even though my actual birthday is today, she and I had our own celebration yesterday. First thing we did was get pedicures DSC04520 which was wonderful and very relaxing and now my toes are all pretty.
After that it was off to lunch at Conch Key Bar & Grill DSC04521 where we enjoyed a couple of Landshark Beers along with conch fritters and sandwiches. We sat outside and the weather was just beautiful. Because we were having such a good time and enjoying each others company we completely lost track of time until Julianne called from home asking where I was ~ OOPS! Back to real life.

But it was a much needed stress free day (and all paid for by Jen & SIL Jeremy) so I want to publicly thank them both so much. Jen is headed back to Jacksonville today and as I told her, it's not about the specific day ~ it's spending time together to enjoy "a" day and enjoy it, I did.

6 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuu
Happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Happy birthday dear funny sweet fun-to-read entertaining Baaaaaaaaaarb
Happy birthday to youuUUUUUUUuuuuu :)

Sending you birthday wishes and flamingo hugs from frosty nippy Ontario!

Sandra :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Barb. It sounds like you had a perfect day. Angie and I used to do pedicures together. I'd sure like to have another, but don't think I can go alone just yet. Maybe I can get Kelli to go with me.

I'm glad you had a great day.

Judy

mom23boys said...

What great girl time. AHHHH, if only I had one.

Next time I come I definitely want to get pedicures. I haven't had one since I left Florida. Not much call for sandals here.

I, Robot said...

@mom23boys: You know, the way Julianne is sometimes, I'm sure we could work out some "girl time." Heck, we might even pay *you* for it, if you catch us at the right time! She's a cute little thing, but she can also be the most stubborn and infuriating thing on earth. :-)

Br. Jonathan said...

Happy Birthday!

Conch fritters???

I'm intrigued. . .

jillytacy said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Jen and Jeremy must be really great! They know how to treat you! Happy Birthday!