Saturday, June 28, 2008

Pool Party Blow Out

So today was Nathaniel's pool party... There ended up being about 9 kids which I guess is good. I don't think I could have handled more than that ~ they were all on full sugar rush (my fault completely) and had to "tone things down a bit" once or twice. It was a nice mix of kids from school and new neighborhood friends.
DSC03247 DSC03253C DSC03257
Even my (not so) little brother Matt and his girlfriend Karina came over from Orlando
DSC03246
I think a good time was had by all ~ especially those in the pool cause it was really hot out. The kids feasted on pizza, chips, fruit and all the new Mountain Dew flavors (I'm not a fan of any of them) and pop rocks. Me, I had a better time once all the kids had gone home and there were no injuries. Nathaniel got enough in checks, cash and gift cards to get himself the new DS he's been wanting forever.DSC03260 Isn't he so cute? He also got a few new video games for the Playstation so that's what he and his sister have been doing ..DSC03262
Fortunately for the pool they have not been all consumed and not as cranky when I enforce time limits on how much they can play video games. I think it's gonna turn out to be a good summer after all.

On a little side note ~ we did have a little froggie show up at the pool which I choose to think as Angie popping in to say "hello" on his special day. He really thought that was special too.

3 comments:

Julie H said...

Looks like fun!! I think you are going to have a lot of great parties with that pool!

Is your brother really tall or his girl friend really tiny or both lol.

Monnik said...

I love that a frog crashed the party. I really think that was Angie's spirit... Is it completely goofy of me to think so?

jillytacy said...

It looks like everyone had fun even if you had a headache when they were gone and needed a stiff drink! Well I would have!!!
Nathaniel is so sweet...I love the Hi Mom! on his screen. The frog joining the party and thinking of it as Angie's spirit made my heart melt. She would have been there in spirit for certain!