Wednesday, April 14, 2010

She's kind of a nut....

I have this friend, we'll call her Shelley (mostly cause that's actually her name). She's kind of a nut which is why I really like her a lot. I do hate her cause she's so damn young I feel ancient around her but she's kinda hard to hate...so I remain her friend.

Shelley and I became friends when I lived in Valrico (a suburb of Tampa). She was one of the moms from school. There was a group of about 6 or 7 of us that would hang out. We'd all take the kids to Mickey D's after school on Friday and let them run off energy in the play area. During the summer we'd meet one morning a week at the BK with the indoor play area. It was a nice break to get to talk to other "grown ups" and the kids always got along well.

This is Shelley and I at my Blue Hawaiian Birthday Bash for my 50th BDay. DSC00172.JPG
Not sure what we were doing here other than just goofing off as usual.

She has a fabulous sense of humor and really comes up with some zingers when you least expect them. I miss getting to see her.
Thanks to Facebook, we still get to keep in touch and last week she asked me to make her a screen bag. But not just any screen bag. She wanted one with Flying Pigs on it. Apparently her stock answer these days is "When Pigs Fly." What Shelley wants, Shelley got. Here's her Flying Pigs screen bag ~ and cause I like her so much I threw in a matching checkbook cover. DSC08567

I just heard from Shelley and "She likes it, she really really likes it!"



2 comments:

Sandra :) said...

HAHAHAHAHA cute bag - and - you know the old saying - like attracts like - no wonder you're both friends - you're a dear nut too, lol!!!

Cindy said...

Cute bag and isn't it fun to have a friend like that.