I actually took some time, now that the holidays are over, to restraighten my sewing room. Now I can actually walk in there!
While cleaning I managed to finish up a couple of projects. I had this in the works for a while I was making it for Nate but hadn't made enough binding and then couldn't find the rest of the fabric to make more ~ until I cleaned the room. Now it is done and hanging in the boys room along with these... They were actually from Angie's house and since Nate already had this and this it all fits right in.
The other thing I finished was this wall hanging. I have had the top done for about a year and finally took it over to the quilt shop and quilted it on the Handi Quilter. I used a teal/brown variegated thread which kept breaking but the slower I went, the less it broke so I took my time and I think it turned out well. The pattern is from "Happy Hour" quilts from Atkinson Designs. My dining room is a little more put together
I want to eventually get a new side board and hutch. We also are planning on getting new shades for the light fixture and put a valance up on the window. It's a work in progress.