Saturday, May 10, 2008

Take me out to the ballgame

Last night was Quest Family Nite at the Ballpark. DSC03024 The Brevard Manatees played the Tampa Yankess. Obviously not a major league game but I actually prefer the smaller games and the smaller ball parks. Makes you feel more involved. Lots of Nate's friends were there and they had a great time. Nate spent a lot of time on the phone with his new gal pal. I haven't met this one yet because she's in a different class but have heard that she's a really nice girl and according to Nathaniel has big brown eyes! DSC03028 Julianne didn't have a lot of friends there (just some of the boys from her class) but her brother and his friends let her hang out with them a lot of the time and she did have a good time. She's paying the price now though cause we got her a bag of peanuts and she proceeded to LICK the salt off all the shells and now her tongue is red and sore! I swear the child would live on salt if she could.
The only bad part of the evening was when one of Nathaniel's classmates, Emily, tripped and fractured her ankle. She was taken away by ambulance (which she loved) but was at the ER until 4:30 in the morning. I called to check on her today and she is doing much better but will be on crutches for quite a while. Poor thing.
Today Nate's friend Jacob is over for a few hours and Julianne seems to be lingering around them more than usual. I think she is realizing that his friends are kinda cute. Oh boy ~ and so it begins! Well that was our day ~ So, how was yours?

4 comments:

Julie H said...

Aww the poor kiddo! My kids are pretty far apart so we haven't had the crush on the siblings friends yet. It will probably happen with Melissa's friends and Trevor though eventually!

Pattie said...

Yes, the fun is just beginning! I helped raise three stepdaughters, who were all teens when I came into their lives. See this gray hair? Now you know where it came from! LOL!

It was all great and I wouldn’t change a thing. Hope you had a happy mom's day!

jillytacy said...

Too bad for the little girl but kids do bounce back much quicker than we do! The game sounds fun. We went to see the Red Sox play a few years ago but the game got rained out. Everyone was disappointed but not me I got to eat a hot dog so I was happy! I like to go just for the hot dogs after that I'm ready to go home!

Connie said...

We like our local team a lot too! It's the Kane County Cougars--the games are so much fun.