Friday, July 16, 2010

Nassau through the eye of the camera.

We ~ Rich, the kids and I ~ took so many cool pics of Nassau that I though I would post a few more here for you. Overall the city is pretty run down but if you look at the smaller details, there is beauty everywhere. Enjoy...
This was at the school that Richard used to attend.  They built a very pretty new building right next to the old rundown building which they left up.  They contrast is very cool.
DSC00274
Again, with the stone pavement broken up all around, this very pretty and unusual mosaic sidewalk sparked our interest.
DSC00271
Flowers and plants overgrown in a church yard surround a pure white statue of early settlers
DSC00255
I love the blue trim of this church especially against the beautiful blue sky.
DSC00243
This building really needed to be condemned but loved how that tree is growing out of the dirt and gravel of the empty lot and attaching itself to the building.
DSC00207
There are lots of entryways like this throughout the city... promises of something better hidden inside?
DSC00220

Hope you enjoyed the view from our eyes... I'd love to see the view through yours sometime...

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Hi Barb- thanks for your note on my blog about how to "age" paper for my journal. Great tip! These are wonderful photos. My very first blog entry was about a cruise to Nassau. We found a fabric shop! And some other quilters in the group told us about one in Rockledge, FL... have not made it there yet. Is it as good as they report?

Nancy said...

ooops... meant to put the Nassau link in my comment. Here is is: http://quiltnans.blogspot.com/2010/01/serendipity-at-sea.html

Miss Healthypants said...

I LOVE the tree growing out of the dirt and gravel of the empty lot! :) I'm always amazed at the resiliency (not sure how to spell that word) of nature. :)

Monnik said...

Wow - these are beautiful pictures. I love the one of the tree growing out of the building.

jillytacy said...

This is a cool post. I didn't see all of these wonderful things when we were in Nassau. Then again I was hopping on one foot dodging slimy stingrays during the stingray adventure so no wonder I missed this. Thanks for sharing these pictures!