Friday, February 3, 2012

What's for Supper

What was for supper (or do you say dinner?) last night was a most yummy salad. I miss the days in Florida where we had salads more nights than not. It's still a bit chilly here for salads but it was good anyway.

A bit of thinly sliced seasoned steak over raw spinach. Add in some carrot strips, avocado chunks, raw mushrooms, cherry tomatoes (halved), blue cheese crumbles and you are good to go.

Richard and I used a bit of Catalina dressing on ours while Julz opted for a Cucumber Ranch and Nate ate his without any dressing at all.   In any case it was a big hit at our house and I'm looking forward to having it again!

2 comments:

CritterLady said...

Except for the bleu cheese, the salad sounds wonderful! What can I say, I'm not a cheese person. My mom would've loved it just that way you described, tho. :) Last night I didn't really have a dinner. Just picked here and there. Today for lunch, a friend treated me to a meal at Salad Works, which is one of my all time favorite eateries. I had a Tivoli salad,which was mixed greens, noodles, chicken, corn, carrots and I had cucumbers instead of swiss cheese. I also had them toss on some diced bell peppers, with green goddess dressing. It was WAY too yummy. It's fun sharing meals with you this way!

jillytacy said...

It looks yummy, though I don't like blue cheese either.