Thursday, November 12, 2009

On being 53

It's that time of year again ~ "Go me, it's my birthday..." In any case, it's been a wonderful day. The kids and the hubby woke me with gifts. How many husbands would give their wife the gift of Johnny Depp? Well, not the real thing but the movie "Chocolat" which is one of my favs.

I've gotten lots of phone calls from friends and family along with lots and lots of facebook birthday wishes. And then there were these DSC07519 DSC07520 DSC07521 They are from the one and only ~ bestest friend in the whole world ~ Mary Ann! They are beautiful ornaments that will go so wonderfully on the white christmas tree I got to put out by the pool area.
She even sent this one to Richard DSC07522 Which he just loves. Isn't she just the best?
I also got a beautiful necklace from my mother in law. She came up over the weekend to celebrate. This is me celebrating DSC07517 Couldn't let the last of the champagne go to waste, could I?

While she was here I did some sewing... I made her this set of coasters. DSC07513I love the way they turned out. I may have to make more for me! Oh, and I also made this DSC07514 It's a surgeon's cap for her doctor (she's been seeing the same one for close to 30 yrs) and he's an avid bowler. I think he'll get a kick out of it.

And last but not least this DSC07518 zippered bag for a customer. Julianne hates it when I make and sell stuff from the peace sign fabric. She thinks it's all hers. She will be getting something special for Christmas made from it but don't tell her. It's a secret.


5 comments:

Trish said...

Love the pic of you celebrating! You should update your profile picture on here~ another year, another bottle of champagne :)

Hope you had a great birthday!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Regina said...

Great stuff! Love the coasters, and those ornaments are just too cute! So glad you had an awesome birthday - couldn't happen to a greater person!

Miss Healthypants said...

It sounds like you had a good birthday--I'm glad!--Iwanski did, too. *smiles*

Julie H said...

Happy late birthday!! LOL on Julianne and the peace fabric!

Love the bowling fabric!