Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A few new projects done

As promised, here's what I've been working on in the sewing room lately..
These terry cloth covers for the pool/patio chairs DSC06553 DSC06554 Two down and four more to go! I found the towels on sale at Target and got 6 for the chairs. They serve multiple purposes. The put a little color onto beige chairs, they protect the chair backs from the sun and when you sit on the chairs wet from the pool, you've got nice absorbent terry cloth at your back.

The other quick project I did was for Julz. She needed some new shorts for summer camp so I got these plain shirts and shorts and decided to dress them up. Since she is all about peace signs these days. The first outfit I added the peace signs with swarovski crystals. DSC06561 I think this was her favorite cause she is wearing it to camp today. The second one is my favorite DSC06556 I cut the peace sign out of some black fabric (with all color dots on it) and sewed it on the front of the shirt. It's raw edge applique so it'll fray a bit after being watched which I think will only add to the charm of it.

For some other great projects not from me, check out Mary Lou and Cherries Too. Designer Mary Lou Weidman (one of my absolute favorites) has some really cute stuff on her blog and is also doing a give-a-way.

1 comment:

Julie H said...

Very cute! I was going to do something similiar for our boat but then we never took it out again lol.