Thursday, November 18, 2010

Riding The Roller Coaster That Is My Life

Did ya even notice that I had gone MIA? I wanted to write, I really did. Just couldn't seem to make myself sit down long enough. That and I just can't seem to get my thoughts together enough to make sense... but here goes nothing....

DSC01599So, Richard is getting laid off from his job here in Melbourne. They are pretty much cutting their whole software department. He'll be working till the middle of December ~ can you say "Merry Christmas?" Actually it's not that bad. We had seen the "writing on the wall" and he had already been looking to see what else is out there. The good news is, he has been offered (and has accepted) a new job. The other news is, it's in Virginia! Bottom line is that we will be moving (just outside DC) over the Christmas break.

My head is spinning with everything that has to be done before then. We've gotten estimates on movers, we've notified our landlord (thank goodness we were renting!)... We are flying up to find a house to move in to.... then there are the new schools, doctors, banks etc.

We really hated the idea of moving. We love our house, our pool, our neighborhood, our schools, friends, etc. We had hoped to stay here forever. But now that it's happening, we are looking forward to the next adventure in our lives. The kids are handling it really well. I'm guessing with facebook and cell phones, they'll stay in touch with their friends. It doesn't hurt that one of Julz's good friends moved to Baltimore last summer and now she'll only be an hour away. They are already planning weekend sleepovers. We'll be living very close to one of my cousins ~ and just a few hours away from Alex and her boys.

DSC01600The worst part though is moving away from Jen, Jeremy and my Charlie. That, my friends, is what's breaking my heart. Jen is in the process of doing interviews at colleges around the country. There is a possibility that she could end up at a college about an hour from us.. but the strongest possibility is just outside of Atlanta so either way, she was moving away from us. Never imagined we'd be moving first. Can you say "Frequent Flyer Miles!"

Well, that's my news for now. I'll "try" to post more regularly ~ keep you all updated..... We have been doing some fun stuff as well so I'll be posting about that soon too.

P1000699I've gotten to spend lots of time with the wonderful Miss Charlie who is growing like a weed and just gets cuter by the minute.

I have been getting some sewing done. Some fun stuff for Charlie and some stuff for the upcoming "Night of the Arts" at the school. I've got a couple of overnight bags to make for a customer. Made myself a new bag too.  All will be revealed eventually!

I haven't been reading blogs either but hope to be able to catch up on all of you, in the mean time,  I'd love for you to leave me a comment and let me know you are still out there.


13 comments:

Moneik said...

Here's to a great move and an interesting new chapter in your life. Best of luck, you've been missed!

Amy said...

Wow - that is alot of transition. But so glad that your husband was able to get a new job. I have my fingers crossed for your daughter as she interviews. I know you will miss being close to that sweet baby.

jillytacy said...

I'm sorry to hear about the move. That has got to be tough! I hope that everyone will adjust and that this new adventure will be a good one. I'm sure you will miss her but you will find ways to spend time with Charlie. Skype is a great way to see her and chat with her daily. I'm sending positive thoughts your way.

APE said...

Wow B, I'm sorry to hear about Richard's job--and congrats on the new one already! Hope the transition goes well (December--yuck) and that you can spend as much time w/baby Charlie as possible.
Thanks for sharing & I know the kids will have a bunch of new friends while still keeping in touch w/their old ones!
April

Regina said...

Quick reemployment is a great thing - and now you'll be closer to me!! :-)(though still about 7 hours...) Best of luck with each step of this crazy process - and I hope the new year brings all sorts of new adventures in your new home! Check in when you can... or if you need anything!

Monnik said...

Wow - what a change! It's a blessing that your husband found work so quickly, but I can see why you'd be so upset about leaving your daughter, SIL, and baby.

Best of luck to you! Can't wait to hear all about it.

andsewon said...

I am so sorry about all the upheaval in your life right now.
That is so wonderful your DH found a job right away!Oh goodness well you can burn up I-95 going to see your sweet Charlie. Yes she is a DOLL!
I am in SE Va.
Hugs,
Lola

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

You've got the perfect outlook on it: A New Adventure! It always takes some time to get used to changes, but then...you just have to embrace it and go for it! Charlie is just adorable! Great pic of the two of you!

Sandra :) said...

OMG that's huge - how stressful, especially at this time of the year! Sending you flamingo-y maple syrup hugs! I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible, and that somehow your family won't be separated too much!

I'm trying to imagine My Friend Barb from Florida ... as My Friend Barb from Virginia ... it just boggles the mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey Virginia - you're about to be FLAMINGOIZED!!

scraphappy said...

Sorry to hear about the job. What luck to be able to find one again so fast. Even better that you are renting and don't have to try to sell your house with the local economy the way it is. The DC area really does have a lot to offer. We were there for a 6 month field assignment and spent every weekend at museums and attractions, there was so much to do. Good luck with all the preparation, I know it is a lot of work.

Miss Healthypants said...

Barb, I'm sorry you have to move...but I'm positive that the Universe only has ever better things in store for you!! :)

Nancy said...

Oh my goodness... even though you knew the possiblity was there, to actually now have to make this move happen so quickly is a big challenge. With that said, I'm really glad to hear your husband has found employment, even though it means big changes. All the best to you and your family as you get things ready for the move.

Julie H said...

From sun to snow!!