Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 ~ really? Already?


This year seems to have just flown by but I have to say, it's nice to have this blog to look back on to see just what I did this last year, how much the kids have grown, where I was a year ago.
I'm not one to make New Year's Resolutions 'cause I'm just not disciplined enough to keep them up, but I do want to get better organized this year. Try not to let life just happen to me, but get some control.
I will definitely be continuing with "The Story of Me" this year. It's been very therapeutic for me and the family really seems to enjoy it. My inspiration was my grandchild who will be making their appearance in just 4 short months. I know I would have loved to have read stories from my mom and my grandmother.
The attached picture is my mom at 3 yrs old. What I wouldn't give to know what it was like when she was growing up. This picture, by the way, was given to me by my wonderful cousin Linda who has recently reconnected with a distant cousin who went through her family's boxes of photos. It was hands down the best Christmas present I've ever received.
I've been trying to convince my mother-in-law (who writes fabulously, by the way) to write more of her story. She'll send me a little story once in a while via email and I have them saved in a folder so someday I can make them into a booklet with pictures for her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
I encourage all of you ~ challenge all of you out there. Write down your own stories. It doesn't matter where you start ~ just start writing. On the computer or in journals. You may not think there is anything interesting enough to write but I promise, it will be. Generations to come will be thrilled to know how you lived and what you thought. What things were like back in the "old days." And don't forget to add pictures. A picture is absolutely worth a thousand words.

In any case have a wonderful New Year's Eve. Stay safe and I'll see ya in 2010!

1 comment:

Miss Healthypants said...

I'm glad you're going to continue writing your story--it's been very interesting! :)